Friday, June 16, 2006

Mandarin Bible Study Group

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who have no idea where we spend our Sunday afternoons, it is with this bunch of avid students of the Word... in Mandarin!

Actually... I failed my Mandarin AO Levels exams TWICE before passing it the third time which allowed me entrance into University in Singapore. And to think that I am now learning Mandarin willingly is definitely from the guiding hand of God.

These folks are an encouragement to me. They are mostly from UCLA and came to MBS even though they had a paper the next day. That is dedication and discipline! WOW! Amazing!

Our marriage counsellors (Roger and Margaret Ng) are also in the picture! No... we were not having problems with our marriage. We had counsellors PRIOR to getting married (and now have them as post-marital guidance). We avoided alot of potential problem areas with their advice from God's word as well as their own personal experiences in the light of Singaporean ideological baggage.

OK! Time to end off by introducing the people in the photo.

Front Row from left, Nathan Ng, Grace Yang, Shirley Hsieh, CRYSTAL KAILIN CHEN-LIM (my beloved wife...), Priscilla Chang, Margaret Ng.

Back Row, from right (just to keep you guys alert), John Zheng, Beland Issac Huang, Jeff Hsu, Nathaniel Ng, myself... (in case you have no idea who am I, check the profile log... why r u even reading this blog if you do not know me??? Well... feel free to get to know us then! POST SOME COMMENTS! THANKS!), Nigel Ng, Roger Ng, Addison Luh, Robert Liu, Andrew Wai.

...

4 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Blogger Katie Barker said...

what have you guys been studying - in the Bible?

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jawn Lim said...

Gospel of John... in Mandarin of course... we covered Philipians last semester.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Katie Barker said...

Are you using any materials/study guides? Or just reading and discussing the Scriptures?

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Jawn Lim said...

Just reading the Bible in Mandarin. That is challenging enough for me. Crystal has NO problems but I cannot say the same for me. It is fun though! Strange how I did not learn my Mandarin properly in Singapore but ended up improving on it in Los Angeles... hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home