Thursday, December 08, 2005

Our first Ice Hockey together as the Lims (LA 2 Carolina 3)


This was the first ever National Hockey League game that Crystal and I attended. We got free tickets from Omega Stucco Company's Dave who gave us a lunch presentation at Arquitectonica the day before. Taesik and Suzanne gave up their tickets for Crystal and I during lunch. (THANKS GUYS!). We got the VIP booth so there was a free flow of Wienerschnitzel Hotdogs and deserts... which (in VIP fashion) came in a cart just outside the VIP room. Some smartie asked the host why did the cart park outside and not in the room. Anyway, the point of sharing this is that Crystal picked out these absolutely cute (and almost feminine) cookie KINGS. They do look like they were wearing skirts... don't you think so? Well, more feminine comments ensured as the lackluster play of the home team brought about chants of "Los Angeles Queens" from our fellow VIP room-mates.


My 2 Arquitectonica co-workers, Joyce Ip and Erik Hagen were there as well. They were of course much better behaved than I was. I think that these 2 colleagues probably never saw me so hyped up and screaming mindlessly every time the Kings smashed a Hurricane into the walls. My wife believes that she is getting deaf already no thanks to the volume of my "whispers" as I cheered for the Kings.

Players flying into the acrylic panels really seemed more exciting than the goal-less-ness of the first period... OK ... I take that back... the Hurricanes stormed out with a 3-0 lead after the first 2 periods... (I was referring to the Kings' drought). Then the Junior Kings came out to play at the first intermission and actually scored a goal in 2 minutes of play! I guess the adults took notice and jumped out in the 3rd period to score twice. Alas, my hopes for a come-back win from the Kings seemed too ambitious.

I did not notice that I have began to subconsciously consider L.A. as my home team. It was almost sublimal how attending the L.A. Kings Hockey game and previously a L.A. Dodgers game, made me think that I WANT my home team to win... it is so subtle but... am I actually calling Los Angeles my home??? hmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home