Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am writing this blog at 12:25 am Jan 01 2006 while my hubby and a sporean friend Mr SHY are brainstorming design ideas for an architectural competition. There's no place where we could really think of going to celebrate the new year. Hollywood would be too crowded and crazy...downtown is filled with homeless at this hour, hmmm...nevermind.
The most frequent topic mentioned during this time of the year is "new year's resolutions". I used to do that in the past, but I stopped doing that for a couple of years. The reason being I seldom fulfilled my new year's resolutions so I decided not to make any.
2005 flew by just like that! It's amazing what changes happened in our lives from 2004 to 2005. From making long-distance calls daily to getting married; from never being behind the wheel to (still) learning how to drive for me; from being students to being working adults; from receiving pocket money to earning salaries; from not doing any household chores to becoming satisfied with having done a good housecleaning job....the list can go on forever, but I shan't bore our readers. It has been the most exciting year for me, with so many transitions.
I almost freaked out a few days ago when I mistakenly thought that one of my friends in S'pore got married without notifying me. Then I realised their online journals had the incorrect status written. I have the strong feeling that by the time we really move back to S'pore, most of our friends will either be married or engaged. I often confided in my co-worker how I miss being involved in the lives of my friends. I could only keep myself updated with emails or blogs that they wrote. However, friends, do not get me wrong. Married life has been wonderful. We see ways in which we can join efforts as a married couple to minister to others like never before. God has placed us in LA for His purpose.
(Peering over to my right), ok they are still drawing. I guess I am not as energetic as these guys are. I shall pen off here and hit the sack.
It's so cliche to say this every 1st Jan, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"Move ahead into a new year knowing that God is before you preparing the way in love, and will not keep any good thing from you." -- Roy Lessin

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger stargazer said...

Crystal,
Wah hahaha...
I also encountered this profile-slipping-right-to-the bottom situation before which apparently occurs because IE is extremely nasty (very sensitive or not support errors in your template). It will actually show up jus fine if you use firefox.

Anyway, ermm, think you can either send me the template for me to take a look OR go choose a new template from the blogger list. Those seem to be the safest with any browser. :D

happy blogging...

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger E Loy said...

Dear Crystal,

I feel like echoing some of your sentiments expressed in this entry, especially about the many changes that have taken place in our lives this year. But if you think that marriage and life abroad can be challenging, wait till the baby comes! :) Yes, this year's been one of my most challenging but also one of the best. Marriage and parenthood... two major milestones certainly. My stamina's also not as great as I would like it, and so, goodnight. I too will hit the sack even as the hubby continues to do some reading. Penny shall need me in a couple of hours. Have a wonderful new year, and keep up the good work on the blog! - Elaine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home